Home » Decorating Cupcakes, For Boys
Pirates of the Caribbean Cupcakes
Ahoy Mateys! As the latest instalment of Pirates of the Caribbean sails onto the big screens there are sure to be lots of children wanting Pirate themed parties and pirate cupcakes to boot.
So if you think you’d rather walk the plank than prepare Cupcakes for your little pirates take a look at our step by step guide to creating these perfect Pirate themed Cupcakes.
- Roll out flesh coloured fondant and using a round cutter cut out a piece big enough to cover the top of the cupcake
- Spread the cupcake with either buttercream or jam (I used apricot jam) and place the fondant on top
- For the head scarf roll out a coloured piece of fondant of your choice and use the same circular cutter to cut out a circular shape. Then using the same cutter position it a third of the way down on the circular piece you’ve just created.
- As an additional option you can make knots for the end of the head scarf by cutting out smaller pieces of the red fondant and attaching them to the main section with a dab of water.
- Attach the head scarf to the face (that’s on the cupcake) using a small paint brush dipped in water.
- Now using black fondant cut out a patch shape, then attach this to the face underneath the head scarf. Cut out a thin strip of black fondant (I used the round cutter to create the line) and attach this to the face going over the head scarf.
- Using the flesh coloured fondant roll a small ball for the nose and attach to the fondant.
- Use white fondant and roll a small ball. Then flatten and attach to the face. Repeat with smaller black balls for the middle of the eyes.
- As an option you can make small white balls, flatten and add to the bandanna.
Using a sharp tool score a line on the fondant for the mouth.
- You can easily add an earring to your pirate by flattening small pea-size balls of flesh colour fondant and attaching to the side of the face and then with a dab of edible glue, stick a silver or gold edible ball just underneath the ear.
Google+ cupcake ideas, pirate cupcakes, pirate of the caribbean cupcakes